What causes strokes? Page 11 of 13Link to this article!
Vitamin C deficiencyWhat causes strokes? One of the 41 things that causes strokes is vitamin C deficiency. (23)
Vitamin D deficiencyWhat causes strokes? One of the 41 things that causes strokes is vitamin D deficiency. If you avoid the sun, or if you avoid vitamin D supplements, you risk vitamin D deficiency, as well as vitamin D sulfate deficiency, and the latter is an underlying cause of arterial plaque buildup, which is one of the 41 things that causes strokes.
According to one research paper, low levels of vitamin D will double the risk of stroke in Caucasians. Why? Because vitamin D deficiency is known to increase your risk of arterial stiffness, which is one of the 41 things that causes strokes. (35)
According to another research article, the most likely causes of strokes were vitamin D deficiency (61.92%), smoking (50%), hypertension (47.40%), diabetes mellitus (24.20%) and atrial fibrillation (14.1%) (36)
Sources and references(1) "Antiplatelet Strategies for Secondary Prevention of Stroke and TIA" by K1 Ishida and S.R. Messe, Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2014 Nov; 16(11):449. doi: 10.1007/s11883-014-0449-6.
(2) "Stroke prevention in women: synopsis of the 2014 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association guideline" by C. Bushnell and L. McCullough, Ann Intern Med. 2014 Jun 17;160(12):853-7. doi: 10.7326/M14-0762.
(3) "Background exposure to persistent organic pollutants predicts stroke in the elderly" by DH1 Lee, et al., Environ Int. 2012 Oct 15;47:115-20. doi: 10.1016/j.envint.2012.06.009.
(4) "Dietary patterns and stroke: A systematic review and re-meta-analysis" by MD1 Kontogianni and DB2 Panagiotakos, Maturitas. 2014 Sep;79(1):41-47. doi: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2014.06.014.
(5) "Do you really need that diet soda? Research connects the drinks to higher heart risks", No authors listed, Harv Health Lett. 2012 Aug;37(10):4.
(6) "Delay of stroke onset by milk proteins in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats" by T1 Chiba, et al., Stroke. 2012 Feb;43(2):470-7. doi: 10.1161/STROKEAHA.111.618496. Epub 2011 Dec 8.
(7) "Correlation analysis of sleep quality and youth ischemic stroke" by S1 Zhang, et al., Behav Neurol. 2014;2014:246841. doi: 10.1155/2014/246841.
PMID 25161340, PMCID 4139019.
(8) "Neck circumference, a bedside clinical feature related to mortality of acute ischemic stroke" by CA1 Medeiros, et al., Rev Assoc Med Bras. 2011 Sep-Oct;57(5):559-64.
PMID 22012291. ...More >>
Next page >>
Tell a friend!
Recommended for you:How to be an alien
How to deal with your bad neighbors
How to digest food better
How to dissuade a friend from cancer surgery
How to get what you want
How to know if a friend is using you
How to live to be 100
How to prevent prostate cancer in men
How to tell if your friend is a deadbeat dad
How to tell if your friend is using you
How to treat an abscessed tooth
How to treat vitamin D deficiency
Ten common causes of persistent morning cough